2024 Governor's Conference on Economic Development
PIERRE, S.D. – Gov. Dennis Daugaard has awarded more than $3.1 million in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to seven projects throughout South Dakota. Leola, Pierre, Presho and Pukwana will use the approved monies to help fund projects totaling more than $14 million. Aberdeen, Burke and Scotland will use $101,890 CDBG funds obligated under the Bulldoze, Build and Beautify (BBB) program to demolish and remove dilapidated structures in each respective community.
“Each year we approve and award funds from the CDBG program that improve the quality of life of those who live, work and do business in communities across South Dakota. When we support and invest in our communities by way of improved wastewater systems, new community buildings and demolition of old, run-down structures, we see people thrive and communities prosper,” said Gov. Daugaard.
The CDBG awards include the following:
– The city of Aberdeen was obligated $7,370 in BBB grant funds to assist with the removal of a dilapidated structure.
– The city of Burke was obligated $4,500 in BBB grant funds to assist with the removal of a duplicated structure.
– The city of Leola was approved for a $770,000 grant to improve its wastewater distribution system.
– The city of Pierre was approved for a $770,000 grant to assist in the renovation and reconstruction of the Boys & Girls Club.
– The city of Presho was approved for a $770,000 grant to assist with improvements to the wastewater infrastructure and storm sewer system.
– The city of Pukwana will use a $770,000 grant to make improvements to the city’s wastewater system.
– The city of Scotland will use $90,020 in BBB grant funds to remove seven dilapidated structures.
CDBG program provides local governments with funding to complete projects that improve living conditions. The CDBG program is funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and administered by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
For more information about the CDBG program and other financing programs offered through the GOED, please visit sdreadytowork.com/CDBG.